9th International festival of choirs and orchestras in Vienna (Austria)
02.11. - 06.11.2023
VIENNA – one of the greatest metropolises of the world
There are few cities with as wide a cultural offer as that of Vienna which includes the Vienna Philharmonic, Vienna Boys’ Choir, Vienna State Opera, and countless museums. The city also boasts astounding architecture with a plethora of historic buildings, e.g. the St. Stephen’s Cathedral built in 12th century and the baroque Schönbrunn Palace.
The vicinities of Vienna are also attractive to visitors. There are the Wachau valley on the Danube river and the Benedictine Melk Abbey. For many people Vienna is the most important music center of Europe where the famous Wien Music Festival takes place.
Condition of participation:
- performance of a free program 30-45 min.
Example for the festival course:
|2nd day:||participation in the concert of all ensembles and visit to a festival concert|
|3rd day:||meeting with conductors, rehearsal and participation in the festival concert|
|4th day:||visit to a festival concert|
Alternatively, a 4-day stay is possible, too.
The above outline of the festival is to serve only as an example. The number of concerts in the festival will depend on the number and type of choirs and orchestras participating.
There will be plenty of time between rehearsals and concerts for tourist leisure activities and for talking with other festival participants.
- organization and implementation of the festival
- participation in the concert of all ensembles
- participation in the festival concert with rehearsal in a concert hall
- one souvenir folder per ensemble with posters and programs
- accommodation incl. breakfast at a hotel by requested category
- free participation and accommodation of the conductor
Additional offers that can be booked:
- bus for transfers and trips in Austria
- guided tour of Vienna
Deadline for applications:
However, we recommend booking as early as possible, as the number of participants is limited.