14th International choir and orchestra festival in Cracow (Poland)
27.09. - 01.10.2023
CRACOW – one of the twelve most important towns in the world
The former capital of Poland is one of Europe’s last undiscovered destinations by mass tourism. Here the Holy Father Pope John Paul II served as a Bishop for more than twelve years. Centre of the old town is Rynek (main market place), one of Europe’s most beautiful and largest market places. This market place is divided by huge cloth halls as well as the gothic St. Mary’s Basilica.
At the south edge of the old town rises the Wawelburg with the famous King’s castle. In these historic surroundings, in the renowned churches of Krakow as well as in the concert hall with its appealing acoustics, the concerts of the Cracovia Music Festival take place.
Condition of participation:
- performance of a free program 30-45 min.
Example for the festival course:
|2nd day:||participation in the concert of all ensembles and visit to a festival concert|
|3rd day:||meeting with conductors, rehearsal and participation in the festival concert|
|4th day:||visit to a festival concert|
Alternatively, a 4-day stay is possible, too.
The above outline of the festival is to serve only as an example. The number of concerts in the festival will depend on the number and type of choirs and orchestras participating.
There will be plenty of time between rehearsals and concerts for tourist leisure activities and for talking with other festival participants.
- organization and implementation of the festival
- participation in the concert of all ensembles
- participation in the festival concert with rehearsal in a concert hall
- one souvenir folder per ensemble with posters and programs
- accommodation incl. breakfast at a hotel by requested category
- free participation and accommodation of the conductor
Additional offers that can be booked:
- half board
- bus for transfers and trips in Poland
- city tour in Cracow
- tour to the salt mine in Wieliczka – an fairytale world underground
- tour to the Jasna Góra cloister in Częstochowa – the religious centre of Poland
- tour to the former Auschwitz concentration camp
- tour guide for an outing to Zakopane
Deadline for applications:
However, we recommend booking as early as possible, as the number of participants is limited.